An official website of the United States government

Abandoning Permanent Residence Status

Starting July 1, 2019, individuals who wish to file the I-407 – Abandonment of Lawful Permanent Residency should send their I-407’s directly to the USCIS Eastern Forms Center in Williston, Vermont.

The Form I-407 will no longer be accepted by international field offices.

Individuals submitting the I-407 to the Eastern Forms Center must include their Permanent Resident Card (I-551 green card), if available, along with any other travel documents issued by USCIS.  Individuals should not turn in identity documents that were not issued by USCIS.  Additional filing information is available on www.uscis.gov/I-407

The Form I-407, Record of Abandonment of Lawful Permanent Resident Status, should be mailed to the following address:

USCIS Eastern Forms Center
Attn: I-407 Unit
Post Office Box 567
Williston, VT 05495