Location: Ladugårdsgärdet, east of the British Embassy
Event: A political demonstration is expected to take place on November 2, 2021, beginning at 1700 in the vicinity of Ladugårdsgärdet, near the British Embassy in Stockholm. An estimated 50 to 100 demonstrators are expected. Swedish police will be present and expect the demonstration to be peaceful.
Even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence. You should avoid areas of demonstrations, and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area of the demonstrations.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Never walk into large crowds.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile and be aware of your surroundings.
For Assistance: The U.S. Embassy is continually monitoring the current situation in Sweden, and we continue to provide emergency services to U.S. citizens. To contact us: