Event: This weekend marks May 1, a traditional day for both celebration and demonstrations in Sweden. With many demonstrations planned and in light of recent events, as a general precaution we remind all citizens to remain vigilant if in the area of protests and demonstrations as these events can be unpredictable and quickly turn violent.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid areas where demonstrations are expected.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile and be aware of your surroundings.
- U.S. Embassy Stockholm, Sweden
+46 (0)8 783 5300
Dag Hammarskjölds väg 31, 115 89 Stockholm
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Sweden Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security and health updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter