Event: Swedish authorities have approved permits for rallies/demonstrations for multiple locations over the coming days. These events have the potential to spark counterdemonstrations and protests. With many demonstrations planned and in light of recent events, as a general precaution we remind all citizens to remain vigilant if in the area of protests and demonstrations as these events can be unpredictable and quickly turn violent.
Dates and Locations:
- Thursday, May 12 –Frölunda Torg in Gothenburg, 11:00 to 13:00; Norrby in Borås, 14:30 to 16:30, and in Kronogården in Trollhättan, 18:30 to 21:00.
- Friday, May 13 – Vivalla in Örebro, 12:00 to 15:00, and Bäckby in Västerås, 16:30 to 19:30.
- Saturday, May 14 – Sportfältvägen and Gottsunda in Uppsala, 10:00 to 16:00, and Husby and Hallunda in Stockholm, 17:30 to 20:30.
- Sunday, May 15 – Navestad in Norrköping, 11:00 to 14:00, and Skäggetorp in Linköping, 15:30 to 18:30.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid areas where demonstrations are expected.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile and be aware of your surroundings.
- U.S. Embassy Stockholm, Sweden email@example.com Dag Hammarskjölds väg 31, 115 89 Stockholm https://se.usembassy.gov/ +46 (0)8 783 5300
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Sweden Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security and health updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter