Demonstration Alert: U.S. Embassy Stockholm, Sweden (January 20, 2023)
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Event: Swedish authorities have approved permits for rallies/demonstrations in Stockholm for tomorrow, Saturday January 21. Some of the demonstrations are scheduled to take place around the neighborhood in which the U.S. Embassy is located and will cause traffic disruptions in the area. These events have the potential to spark counterdemonstrations and protests. As a general precaution we remind all citizens to remain vigilant if in the area of protests and demonstrations as these events can be unpredictable and quickly turn violent.
Locations for Demonstrations, January 21, 2023:
- Beginning at 1400 at Norra Bantorget and ending at Medborgarplatsen at a time unknown. There will be major traffic disruptions in the area.
- Beginning at 11:00 to 16:00 at Dag Hammarskjolds vag 20. There will be major traffic disruptions in the area.
- Beginning between 13:00 and 15:00 at Folke Bernadottes vag. There will be major traffic disruptions in the area.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid all areas where demonstrations are expected.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile and be aware of your surroundings.
- U.S. Embassy Stockholm, Sweden https://se.usembassy.gov +46 (0)8 783 5300 email@example.com Dag Hammarskjölds väg 31, 115 89 Stockholm
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Sweden Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security and health updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter