1) Effective Sunday, March 29, Sweden banned public gatherings of more than 50 people to stem the spread of COVID-19; violators of the ban are subject to fines or even imprisonment.
2) From April 2 to April 17, SAS will have direct flights from Stockholm Arlanda Airport (ARN) to Newark Liberty International (EWR) running three days a week (M-W-F). Daily flights are to resume April 20, according to SAS’s online flight reservations system, however, as with all air carriers, please be sure to monitor their websites and contact the air carrier directly as everything is subject to change.
Newark Liberty International is one of the 13 U.S. airports designated by the Department of Homeland Security as ports of entry for U.S. citizens, legal permanent residents, and their immediate families returning to the United States from certain European countries, China, and Iran. The other airports are:
- Boston-Logan International Airport (BOS), Massachusetts
- Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD), Illinois
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW), Texas
- Detroit Metropolitan Airport (DTW), Michigan
- Daniel K. Inouye International Airport (HNL), Hawaii
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL), Georgia
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), New York
- Los Angeles International Airport, (LAX), California
- Miami International Airport (MIA), Florida
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO), California
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA), Washington
- Washington-Dulles International Airport (IAD), Virginia