1) Following up on his March 27th message to U.S. citizens, Ambassador Ken Howery will be hosting a virtual town hall for U.S. citizens in Sweden to provide relevant information concerning American Citizens Services during the COVID-19 crisis. Embassy Stockholm’s consular staff will also be on hand to answer any questions regarding services for passports, birth registries, travel advisories, and more.
Please send your questions in advance to StkACSinfo@state.gov.
What: Virtual Town Hall with Ambassador Howery and U.S. Embassy Stockholm Consular Team for U.S. Citizens in Sweden
When: Tuesday, April 7, at 1 p.m. (Stockholm time)
2) The Embassy has received many tax-related inquiries during the past two weeks. As many of you may know, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has extended the deadline for filing and paying your federal income taxes to July 15, 2020.
For COVID-19 Information, please visit the following websites:
- The White House-CDC coronavirus website.
- U.S. Department of State’s Travel.State.Gov website
- U.S. Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://se.usembassy.gov/covid-19-coronavirus-information/ for information on conditions in Sweden.
- Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- Check with your airlines or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- U.S. Embassy, Stockholm, Sweden
Dag Hammarskjölds väg 31, 115 89 Stockholm
+46 (0) 8 783 53 00
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Sweden Country Information.
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.