1) Starting Monday, July 20, the U.S. Embassy in Stockholm will resume limited routine passport, birth registration, and notarial service appointments. If you are eligible to renew your passport by mail, use this option to avoid wait times for an in-person appointment. Please visit our websites for passports, Consular Reports of Birth Abroad, or notarial services for more information about eligibility, required documents and fees, or to schedule an appointment. If you have an emergency and/or immediate travel and are unable to book an appointment online, please contact us at StkACSinfo@state.gov.
2) We know a lot of our fellow Americans in Sweden have non-American family, friends, and acquaintances who would like to visit the United States. The U.S. Embassy in Stockholm continues to accept only emergency requests for Immigrant Visa and Non-Immigrant Visa appointments. We will resume routine visa services as soon as possible but are unable to provide a specific date at this time. For more information about non-immigrant visas, please contact the Visa Call Center. For immigrant visa questions, please contact us at: STKivinfo@state.gov.
3) Reminder: all visitors to the U.S. Embassy, including those for U.S. citizen services and visa appointments, are required to wear face coverings at all times while inside the Embassy and Consular Section. Visitors are expected to bring their own masks/face coverings when visiting and may be turned away if they are unable to comply with this requirement. Please visit this CDC webpage for tips on how to create and effectively use cloth face coverings.
For the latest COVID-19 information, please visit the following websites:
- The White House-CDC coronavirus website.
- U.S. Department of State’s Travel.State.Gov website
- U.S. Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://se.usembassy.gov/covid-19-coronavirus-information/ for information on conditions in Sweden.
- Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- Check with your airlines or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- U.S. Embassy, Stockholm, Sweden
Dag Hammarskjölds väg 31, 115 89 Stockholm
+46 (0) 8 783 53 00