1) As of April 1, SAS has temporarily suspended direct flights from Stockholm (ARN) to Newark Liberty International (EWR). The next available direct flight is April 20, according to the latest information from SAS’s website. Flights to the United States via Amsterdam and Frankfurt remain available options for now. More than ever before, travelers should be sure to monitor the website of their air carrier and contact them directly since, as we’ve seen today, everything is subject to change.
2) On March 31, a new Global Level 4 Travel Advisory was released, further urging U.S. citizens, who reside in the United States but are currently abroad, to make return travel arrangements using available commercial air carriers.
3) Please pass the word! “Virtual Town Hall with Ambassador Howery and U.S. Embassy Stockholm Consular Team for U.S. Citizens in Sweden,” Tuesday, April 7, 1:00pm-1:30pm, via Facebook Live at the U.S. Embassy in Sweden’s Facebook page.
For COVID-19 Information, please visit the following websites:
- The White House-CDC coronavirus website.
- U.S. Department of State’s Travel.State.Gov website
- U.S. Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://se.usembassy.gov/covid-19-coronavirus-information/ for information on conditions in Sweden.
- Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- Check with your airlines or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- U.S. Embassy, Stockholm, Sweden
Dag Hammarskjölds väg 31, 115 89 Stockholm
+46 (0) 8 783 53 00
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Sweden Country Information.
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.