1) Congress has passed and the President has signed the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act to provide emergency assistance for individuals, families, and businesses affected by the 2020 coronavirus pandemic.
- For information about Economic Impact Payments, or other tax relief available to U.S. citizens during the pandemic, please visit https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus
- For resources on fulfilling your U.S. tax obligations while in Sweden, visit our Embassy website at https://se.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/internal-revenue-service-u-s-taxes/
2) The Department of Homeland Security’s Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) warns individuals to remain vigilant for scams related to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). Cyber actors may send emails with malicious attachments or links to fraudulent websites to trick victims into revealing sensitive information or donating to fraudulent charities or causes. Exercise caution in handling any email with a COVID-19 related subject line, attachment, or hyperlink, and be wary of social media pleas, texts, or calls related to COVID-19.
For COVID-19 Information, please visit the following websites:
- The White House-CDC coronavirus website.
- U.S. Department of State’s Travel.State.Gov website
- U.S. Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://se.usembassy.gov/covid-19-coronavirus-information/ for information on conditions in Sweden.
- Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- Check with your airlines or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- U.S. Embassy, Stockholm, Sweden
Dag Hammarskjölds väg 31, 115 89 Stockholm
+46 (0) 8 783 53 00
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Sweden Country Information.
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.