Doing business with the U.S. Embassy
Welcome to the Procurement Section of the General Services Office. On this page you will be able to find solicitations issued by the Embassy of the United States of America in Stockholm for the acquisition of commodities and/or services.
The Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) at FAR 4.11 requires all contractors to be registered in SAM (System for Award Management) database prior to award of a contract for those actions at or above $30,000, which are awarded to foreign vendors for work performed outside the United States.
How to register in SAM:
- How-to: Getting started with your SAM registration (PDF 36 KB)
- Video: SAM Registering New Entities in SAM for Government Contracts
- Information for validating an entity in SAM.gov
- SAM Quick Guide for Contract Registration (PDF 77 KB)
- The Embassy intends to issue a request for quotation (RFQ) for the wall restoration in an Embassy office. For more information about the scope of work, and the necessary requirements for interested bidders, please carefully review the solicitation notice.
- The Embassy intends to issue a Solicitation Contract during the first quarter of calendar year 2023 for a Building Automation System Repair. For more information about the timing of the solicitation process and details about the scope of work, please the attached pre-solicitation notice.
Blanket Purchase Agreement
Blanket Purchase Agreements, also known as “BPAs”, are arrangements between the U.S. Government and responsible sources that allow us to order supplies or non-personal services. BPAs are useful for quick acquisition of items that cannot reasonably be anticipated in advance and are not available from a required source. BPAs are useful when we have repetitive, but unpredictable, needs in general class of supplies or services. A BPA is not a contract or purchase order. A BPA is like a charge account that sets forth terms and conditions prior to an actual purchase, significantly reducing paperwork and the administrative cost per order. Once the BPA is issued, the U.S. Government can place orders and the contractor can make delivery without a separate purchase order for each order. The exact items, quantities and delivery requirements are NOT known in advance and may vary considerably. BPA is not a binding contract. It is an account set up with a specific company.
Please note that all companies must be registered in SAM (System for Award Management) prior to award of a contract for those actions at or above $30,000 in value.
The U.S. Embassy Stockholm intends to renew/issue BPAs for the following supplies or services:
- Periodicals and subscriptions
- Office supplies
- Plumbing supplies
- Hardware supplies
- Locksmith supplies and services
For further information, please contact:
Stockholm Procurement Team
More Government Business Opportunities
More Federal Government business opportunities may also be found at the General Services Administration’s (GSA) Federal Business Opportunities (fedbizopps.gov) website (link: www.fbo.gov)