We have waived the interview requirement for some first-time employment visa applicants. We are able to receive applications by mail for certain first-time employment-based visa applicants who have a petition approved by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), including applications in the H-1, H-3, H-4, L, O, P, and Q visa categories. Blanket L applications do not qualify for this new program and will require an interview.
In-person appointments are only permitted for those applicants who are not eligible to mail in their applications. If you qualify for interview waiver, you must mail in your application. Please read the following instructions below carefully. Applications not conforming to the below parameters will be refused or will require an interview.
1. You must have been previously issued a visa in any class at any time OR you must have traveled to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program. Applicants must provide proof of a prior visa or prior travel under the Visa Waiver Program with their applications. Acceptable evidence includes: I-94 travel history, receipt of ESTA approval, copies of old passports with visas or entry stamps. Your I-94 travel history can be accessed via this link: https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home
2. If you have been refused a visa that was not subsequently overcome or waived, or if you have been denied an ESTA, we will not be able to process your application.
3. You must not have any apparent or potential ineligibility, such as a previous arrest or overstay.
4. You must be physically present in Sweden.
5. If you do not have a Swedish passport, you must have legal residence in Sweden and provide a copy of your Swedish residency card with your application. Please do not send us your original residency card.
6. Your current passport must be valid for at least 6 more months.
Please note that any required reciprocity fees will still need to be paid in-person at the U.S. Embassy. You will receive more information on reciprocity fee payments once your application has been received.
How to Apply
Please visit our Global Support Services (GSS) website for complete information on how to apply. Follow the instructions on the GSS website to Apply for a Visa Your answers to the application questions will help you determine if you qualify for this program or if you require an interview.