1) As part of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, eligible U.S. tax filers may receive Economic Impact Payments of up to $1,200 per adult, and $500 dollars per child. The Internal Revenue Service is coordinating these payments and has provided resources for those who file taxes to track their payments and for non-filers to register their payment information. Please consult these resources for information on eligibility and receiving payments. Additionally, the CARES Act provides temporary assistance for federal student loan borrowers, including interest rate reductions, forbearance, and temporary relief on defaulted loans. For more information on types of assistance or eligibility, please visit the Department of Education’s Federal Student Aid website.
2) Reminder: When filling out your U.S. passport application, please be sure to fill in the “Emergency Contact” section. In the event of a life-or-death emergency or some other urgent matter, it’s important for the Embassy to be able to contact a designated person on your behalf if you can’t.
For COVID-19 information, please visit the following websites:
- The White House-CDC coronavirus website.
- U.S. Department of State’s Travel.State.Gov website
- U.S. Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://se.usembassy.gov/covid-19-coronavirus-information/ for information on conditions in Sweden.
- Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- Check with your airlines or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.