1) On April 16, Sweden health officials confirmed a total of 12,540 COVID-19 cases and 1,333 related deaths in Sweden. We ask you all to please continue to maintain appropriate physical distancing and take all other necessary precautions (like washing hands!) for the time being.
2) On April 16, the Prime Minister announced that inbound travel from non-EU countries will continue to be restricted until May 15. For more information on the travel restrictions please review the press release or the Swedish Police website.
3) Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, printing centers in the United States have suspended processing and shipping passports and Consular Reports of Birth Abroad (CRBAs). Here at the U.S. Embassy in Stockholm, we’re still processing applications, but applicants should expect a significant delay in receiving their documents until normal domestic operations resume. If you have urgent and immediate travel, please contact us at StkACSinfo@state.gov to apply for a temporary emergency passport.
For the latest COVID-19 information, please visit the following websites:
- The White House-CDC coronavirus website.
- U.S. Department of State’s Travel.State.Gov website
- U.S. Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://se.usembassy.gov/covid-19-coronavirus-information/ for information on conditions in Sweden.
- Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- Check with your airlines or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.