NOTE: We know a lot of our fellow Americans in Sweden have non-American family, friends, and acquaintances. Therefore, we’re providing the following visa-related updates for your awareness:
1) On April 23, the White House announced a new Presidential Proclamation entitled: “Suspending Entry of Immigrants Who Present Risk to the U.S. Labor Market During the Economic Recovery Following the COVID-19 Outbreak.” For details click see the White House website.
2) Due to the existing travel restrictions, all routine visa interview appointments at the U.S. Embassy in Stockholm scheduled for the month of May has been canceled. Visa applicants affected by the cancelation should have already been notified via email and SMS text. While June appointments remain available, at this time we cannot guarantee whether or not these appointments will also be canceled. For more information about non-immigrant visas, please contact to the Visa Call Center. For immigrant visa questions, please contact us at: STKivinfo@state.gov.
For the latest COVID-19 information, please visit the following websites:
- The White House-CDC coronavirus website.
- U.S. Department of State’s Travel.State.Gov website
- U.S. Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://se.usembassy.gov/covid-19-coronavirus-information/ for information on conditions in Sweden.
- Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- Check with your airlines or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- U.S. Embassy, Stockholm, Sweden
Dag Hammarskjölds väg 31, 115 89 Stockholm
+46 (0) 8 783 53 00