1) Please be advised that the U.S. Embassy in Stockholm will be closed on Friday, May 1, in observance of the Swedish holiday “May Day.” We will reopen for limited (emergency) consular services on Monday, May 4.
2) We have received a number of inquiries about summer travel planning. The Department of State’s Global Level 4 Health Advisory, which recommends U.S. citizens avoid all international travel, remains in effect. U.S. citizens who live in the United States should arrange for immediate return to the United States, unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period. U.S. citizens who live abroad should avoid all international travel.
3) The Swedish Ministry of Foreign Affairs has extended its advice against all non-essential travel until June 15th, when the situation will be reappraised. Inbound travel from non-EU countries to Sweden will continue to be restricted until May 15.
4) Reminder: Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, passport printing centers in the United States have temporarily suspended processing and shipping passports and Consular Reports of Birth Abroad (CRBAs). Here at the U.S. Embassy in Stockholm, we’re still processing applications, but applicants should expect a significant delay in receiving their documents until normal domestic operations resume. If you have urgent and immediate travel, please contact us at StkACSinfo@state.gov to apply for a temporary emergency passport.
For the latest COVID-19 information, please visit the following websites:
- The White House-CDC coronavirus website.
- U.S. Department of State’s Travel.State.Gov website
- U.S. Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://se.usembassy.gov/covid-19-coronavirus-information/ for information on conditions in Sweden.
- Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- Check with your airlines or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- U.S. Embassy, Stockholm, Sweden
Dag Hammarskjölds väg 31, 115 89 Stockholm
+46 (0) 8 783 53 00