1) Effective March 19, Sweden temporarily banned the entry of all foreign nationals trying to enter Sweden from a country not part of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland. The ban was recently extended to June 15, 2020. For more information, including exceptions to the ban, visit the Swedish government website.
2) On May 13, the Swedish Ministry of Foreign Affairs extended its advice against all foreign travel. This advice applies until July 15, when the situation will be reappraised.
3) On May 13, the European Commission published its proposal of guidelines and recommendations to help EU members gradually return to normal tourism and transport. This proposal includes a phased common approach for lifting travel restrictions, criteria for resuming tourism, and recommendations on the rights of travelers. Travelers should review this FAQ for more information on the proposal, or this list of current EU temporary internal border control measures.
For the latest COVID-19 information, please visit the following websites:
- The White House-CDC coronavirus website.
- U.S. Department of State’s Travel.State.Gov website
- U.S. Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://se.usembassy.gov/covid-19-coronavirus-information/ for information on conditions in Sweden.
- Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- Check with your airlines or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- U.S. Embassy, Stockholm, Sweden
Dag Hammarskjölds väg 31, 115 89 Stockholm
+46 (0) 8 783 53 00