On June 2, the Department of State announced plans for the gradual, phased reopening of passport operations for this summer. The update can be viewed on the travel.state website. The U.S. Embassy in Stockholm still processes applications for regular passports, but applicants should continue to expect significant delays in receiving their new passports until normal domestic operations resume. If you have urgent and immediate travel, please contact us at StkACSinfo@state.gov to apply for a temporary (one-year) emergency passport.
Applicants may also find answers to some frequently asked questions about passport operations here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/passport-help/faqs.html
Please also be sure to visit the Embassy’s website at: https://se.usembassy.gov/
For the latest COVID-19 information, please visit the following websites:
- The White House-CDC coronavirus website.
- U.S. Department of State’s Travel.State.Gov website
- U.S. Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://se.usembassy.gov/covid-19-coronavirus-information/ for information on conditions in Sweden.
- Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- Check with your airlines or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- U.S. Embassy, Stockholm, Sweden
Dag Hammarskjölds väg 31, 115 89 Stockholm
+46 (0) 8 783 53 00