1) The U.S. Embassy in Stockholm is pleased to inform you that the turnaround time to receive regular U.S. passports is back to 1-2 weeks. We continue to accept and process mail-in renewal applications for regular adult passports. For those requiring in-person services, including those applying for a minor (15 or under) or as a first-time adult (i.e., 16 years of age or older), please contact us at StkACSinfo@state.gov. If you have urgent and immediate travel, please contact us also at the same email address to apply for a temporary (one-year) emergency passport.
2) Speaking of U.S. passport applications, we continue to receive some mail-in applications that are incomplete. To prevent any delays, please be sure to fill out all of the relevant fields in your application, including your contact information. In addition, your passport photo should be taken within the past six months (visit the travel.state.gov website for more information on photos), and we ask that you please fill in the emergency contact field (which can be a contact person living abroad).
3) We’ve been getting some inquiries on the most recent Presidential Proclamation, so many of you might be getting the same kinds of questions from your Swedish friends and family members. On June 22, President Trump signed a Proclamation extending the previous Proclamation 10014 and suspending the entry of certain additional foreign nationals to the United States through December 31, 2020. Please read the new Proclamation in full for details, including exemptions.
4) In response to significant worldwide challenges related to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Department of State continues to temporarily suspend routine visa services at all U.S. embassies and consulates around the world, including the U.S. Embassy in Stockholm. We will resume routine visa services as soon as possible but are unable to provide a specific date at this time. For more information about non-immigrant visas, please contact the Visa Call Center. For immigrant visa questions, please contact us at: STKivinfo@state.gov.
For the latest COVID-19 information, please visit the following websites:
- The White House-CDC coronavirus website.
- U.S. Department of State’s Travel.State.Gov website
- U.S. Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://se.usembassy.gov/covid-19-coronavirus-information/ for information on conditions in Sweden.
- Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- Check with your airlines or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- U.S. Embassy, Stockholm, Sweden
Dag Hammarskjölds väg 31, 115 89 Stockholm
+46 (0) 8 783 53 00