Currently, all U.S. passport applicants in Sweden — including adults renewing their passports through the “mail-in” form DS-82 — must arrange for in-person payment of their passport renewal fee at the U.S. Embassy in Stockholm or submit a Postvaxel check with their application if mailing it in. We understand that this situation is inconvenient for U.S. citizens residing outside Stockholm and have been working on a solution.
The Department of State is pleased to announce that U.S. Embassy Stockholm has been selected as a pilot location for payment of DS-82 passport renewal fees online. The pilot program is expected to begin on November 8, 2020.
We will send out another announcement when this online payment pilot system has launched, along with specific instructions to help you confirm your eligibility to use this online payment option. Additionally, you can review our Passport Renewal webpage for more details and to determine if you are eligible to use this brand new payment option.
For the latest COVID-19 information, please visit the following websites:
- The White House-CDC coronavirus website.
- U.S. Department of State’s Travel.State.Gov website
- U.S. Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://se.usembassy.gov/covid-19-coronavirus-information/ for information on conditions in Sweden.
- Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- Check with your airlines or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
U.S. Embassy, Stockholm, Sweden
Dag Hammarskjölds väg 31, 115 89 Stockholm
+46 (0) 8 783 53 00