An official website of the United States government

Passport Services
Apply for or renew a U.S. Passport

Consular Visit in Gothenburg

The US Consul will be visiting Gothenburg on October 24th and 25th to accept applications for Report of Birth Abroad, Passports, Notaries and Social Security. To request an appointment, please follow our instructions.


You must Apply by Mail if:
  • You can submit your most recent passport book and/or U.S. passport card;
  • You were at least 16 years old when your most recent passport book and/or passport card was issued;
  • You hold a 10-year passport which was issued within the past 15 years;
  • Your U.S. Passport has not been limited from the normal 10-year validity period due to passport damage/mutilation or multiple passport thefts/losses; and
  • You are not requesting a change in the passport data, other than a name change due to marriage or divorce or court order for which you can submit official documentation (marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order) to support the name change. For a name change in Sweden, please submit a Personbevis (Form 120) from Skatteverket in Swedish in your name with a komplettering for the date and type of name change.
You must Apply in Person if:


For full passport instructions, please click on the “Passport Instructions” button.