Location: Sweden, countrywide
Event: Recent terrorist attacks in Europe demonstrate the need to maintain sound personal security practices.
Terrorist groups and those inspired by such organizations continue to plot possible near-term attacks around the world. Terrorists are increasingly using less sophisticated methods of attack – including knives, firearms, and vehicles – to target crowds more effectively.
The U.S. Embassy reminds U.S. citizens in Sweden to be vigilant when visiting tourist locations, shopping malls, airports, clubs, restaurants, places of worship, transportation hubs, and other public places.
Actions to Take:
- Exercise additional vigilance when traveling outside your home.
- Review your personal security plan and share that plan with your family.
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Stockholm, Sweden
- +46 (0)8 783 5300 · email@example.com · https://se.usembassy.gov/
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444 · Sweden Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security and health updates.