We have waived the interview requirement for some first-time students and certain exchange visitors. We are able to receive applications by mail for F1, F2, M1 students and J1 and J2 academic exchange visitors, in the student, professor, research scholar, short-term scholar, and specialist category. First time au pairs, as well as all other categories of J visas can not have their interviews waived and must schedule an in-person appointment.
In-person appointments are only permitted for those applicants who are not eligible to mail in their applications. If you qualify for interview waiver, you must mail in your application. Please read the following instructions below carefully. Applications not conforming to the below parameters will be refused or will require an interview.
- You must have been previously issued a visa in any class at any time OR you must have traveled to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program. Applicants must provide proof of your prior visa or prior travel under the Visa Waiver Program with their applications. Acceptable evidence includes: I-94 travel history, receipt of ESTA approval, copies of old passports with visas or entry stamps. Your I-94 travel history can be accessed via this link: https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home
- We will not be able to process your application if you have been refused a visa that was not subsequently overcome or waived, or if you have been denied an ESTA.
- You must not have any apparent or potential ineligibility, such as a previous arrest or overstay.
- You must be physically present in Sweden.
- If you do not have a Swedish passport, you must have legal residence in Sweden and provide proof of residence with your application.
- Your current passport must be valid for at least 6 months.
- If you are planning to apply for an F.M, or J visa, we urge you to apply as soon as you have all your required documentation. We anticipate processing delays during the summer and can not guarantee that you will be able to meet your program start date if you wait to apply until right before your planned travel date.
How to Apply: Please visit our Global Support Services (GSS) website for complete information on how to apply.