Effective July 12, 2021, the U.S. Department of State has de-escalated the Travel Advisory level for Sweden from Level 4 – Do Not Travel to Level 3 – Reconsider Travel.
Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Travel Health Notice for Sweden due to COVID-19.
Visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in Sweden.
Read the country information page.
If you decide to travel to Sweden:
- See the U.S. Embassy’s web page regarding COVID-19.
- Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Report for Sweden.
- U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.