Local Resources for U.S. Citizens

Please note: The Department of State assumes no responsibility or liability for the professional ability or reputation of, or the quality of services provided by, the entities or individuals whose names appear on the following lists. Inclusion on this list is in no way an endorsement by the Department or the U.S. government. Names are listed alphabetically, and the order in which they appear has no other significance. The information on the list is provided directly by the local service providers; the Department is not in a position to vouch for such information.

On the Local Resources pages you will find information that can be useful for American citizens living in Sweden.

Please note that all American citizens are required to report their worldwide income to the U.S. each year, regardless of where they live and/or work. Find information on where to turn to tax assistance, and other useful information on our Internal Revenue Service page. We can also assist you if you need to obtain an Individual Taxpayer Identfication number.

Find information on how to go about to vote while living abroad or our voting assistance page.