Due to the impact of COVID-19 and associated restrictions, at this time we are only scheduling a very limited number of in-person appointments, primarily for urgent passport and citizenship services.
If you are eligible to renew your passport by mail, please utilize this option to avoid visiting the embassy. We will not grant in-person appointments to applicants who are eligible to renew by mail and have the time to do so.
For those who require an in-person appointment, please consider the following:
- We will open new appointments two months in advance at the beginning of every month (i.e. we will open appointments for May in early March) and reopen canceled appointments daily. Please continue to check our website for availability.
- If you are NOT traveling in the next three months, we ask that you not schedule an appointment at this time to allow citizens with urgent needs to take advantage of any availability online.
- If you are traveling in the next month and have been unable to find an appointment online, please email us at STKACSInfo@state.gov, and include your travel itinerary, and we will arrange an emergency appointment for you. If your travel is not within the next month, we ask that you not email us to request a regular appointment at this time to allow us to prioritize citizens with urgent needs.
For our safety and the safety of other visitors, please reschedule your appointment if you feel unwell or have had contact in the past 14 days with any individuals presenting symptoms of COVID-19 (or experienced these symptoms yourself in the past 14 days). Visitors exhibiting symptoms consistent with COVID-19 may be turned away and rescheduled for a later date.
- Bring your own black pen to sign your application in front of the consular officer and copies of your supporting documents to minimize the spread of germs.
- Bring a face covering, as all applicants other than infants are required to wear a face-covering while visiting the Embassy.
- Do not bring laptops. Avoid bringing bulky bags or unnecessary items that will slow down security screening and extend your contact with security screeners.
What Service Do You Require?
Passport Renewal by Mail
Information about who is eligible to renew a passport by mail, and how to apply.
If you were issued an emergency, limited-validity passport at an Embassy or Consulate because you had urgent need of travel, you should apply to renew this passport for a full-validity passport as soon as possible.