To replace a lost or stolen passport, please follow the below instructions.
Important Notice: You must have an appointment for this service. Follow the instructions below and click on the link taking you to our online calendar where you can choose a date and time slot of your choice.
- Form DS-11 available online. You must print the form but DO NOT sign
- Form DS-64 Statement Regarding a Lost or Stolen Passport. This form will automatically be generated if completing the online Form DS-11. Submitting this form will permanently declare your passport as lost/stolen.
- One passport photograph
- Non-refundable application fee payable at the time of your appointment
- Evidence of U.S. citizenship – such evidence may include but is not limited to:
- U.S. Birth Certificate
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad
- Expired U.S. Passport
- U.S. Passport Card
- For applicants under 16, both parents must attend with the child and present evidence of parentage (such as child’s birth certificate or consular report of birth abroad, listing parents’ names) and government-issued photo identification
- Applicants aged 16-17 should be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. The accompanying adult must present government issued photo identification
- Obtain a pre-paid, self-addressed envelope (with the complete address to which you want your new passport sent within Sweden). It is no longer possible to send registered mail (REK) with Swedish stamps so please order a shipment label on Postnord’s website.
Be advised that the addressee must present a valid Swedish ID to retrieve registered mail from the designated local delivery location.
Set Up An Appointment
- Click on the link below taking you to another website where you can choose a date and time slot of your choice. Make your appointment.
Processing Time for Regular and Emergency Passports
Upon receiving a complete application the processing time for a regular passport is 2-3 weeks. An emergency passport generally can be issued within 24 hours of application.