Diplomatic passport holders accredited to their missions in Sweden who are traveling to the United States for private travel may apply for a visitor visa (B-1 or B-2). Such applicants are required to appear in person for an interview with a consular officer after scheduling an appointment.
A non-official visa appointment may be scheduled by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org after submitting the electronic DS-160 application form. The email request should contain the DS-160 application number.
To the future visa appointment the following documents should be provided:
- Confirmation page of the electronic application form DS-160 (containing a barcode);
- A valid Diplomatic passport;
- If available, any old passports containing visas to the United States (valid or expired);
- One approx. 5 x 5 cm color photograph; (Starting November 1, 2016, eye glasses will no longer be allowed in visa photos.):
– Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
– Photo must be taken with a plain white background
– Photo cannot be older than 6 months
– Photo must be printed on photo quality paper
If you have successfully uploaded a photograph to the DS-160, you are not required to submit an additional photograph with your application. If there are any issues with the uploaded photograph, however, you will be required to provide a new one which may delay the processing of your application.
- Diplomatic Note / Verbal Note / Official Visa Request. The Note should state the name of the traveler, title or official status. It should also specify the intended travel dates and a brief description of the purpose of travel.