Note: As of Jan 1, 2022, the Department of State has waived, through December 31, 2022, the in-person interview requirement for some first-time employment visa applicants. U.S. Embassy Stockholm is ready to receive applications by mail for certain first-time employment-based visa applicants who have a petition approved by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), including application in the H-1, H-3, H-4, L, O, P, and Q visa categories. Blanket L applications do not qualify for this new program and will require an interview.
To take advantage of this change in employment-based visa processing, you must meet all the program requirements for your visa class. Please read the following instructions below carefully, applications and applicants not conforming to the below parameters will be refused or will require an interview.
1. Any required reciprocity payments must still be paid in person, you will be advised of this requirement by our staff if this pertains to your application.
2. New as of January 1, 2022: You must have been previously issued a visa in any class at any time OR you must have traveled to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program. Applicants must provide proof of your prior visa or prior travel under the Visa Waiver Program with their applications. Acceptable evidence includes: I-94 travel history, receipt of ESTA approval, old passports with visas or entry stamps.
3. We will not be able to process your application if you have been refused a visa that was not subsequently overcome or waived, or if you have been denied an ESTA.
4. You must not have any apparent or potential ineligibility.
5. You must be physically present in Sweden.
6. If you do not have a Swedish passport, you must have legal residence in Sweden and provide proof of residence with your application.
7. Your current passport must be valid for at least 6 more months.
How to Apply: Please visit our Global Support Services (GSS) website for complete information on how to apply. Follow the instructions on the GSS website to Apply for a Visa. Your answers to the application questions will help you determine if you qualify for this program or if you require an interview.